CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Classroom Library

As a Kindergarten teacher, there was no doubt in my mind how I would organize my classroom library - by theme, right?! I had pictures on baskets and tons of books. I taught Kinder and First for 9 years. Last year, I taught 4th grade for the first time. My only concern for my classroom library was to fill it with books that were above a K-2 reading level!

I'm a huge fan of Beth Newingham and Angela Bunyi. They have fabulous classroom libraries. However, each of them designs their libraries differently than I thought of doing in my own room.

Our school uses the Accelerated Reading Program. Everything about anything has to do with the students' AR goal. I thought of organizing my library by reading range, so that there was no doubt where  a student would start browsing. That was until I read this thread by Angela....
Click on the picture to read her article. 


Now, the question arises....how will I organize my classroom library????

If you would like to see the WONDERFUL ideas of Beth Newingham, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by:) I am now a follower:) Thanks also for putting my button on your page:)) Are you a follower? I didn't see my name on your following list....the follower button hasn't been working right so was just wondering:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog